Clearing the air on the The iTablet – what we know so far
Talk of a touchscreen “iTablet” has been around since long before the iPhone (and was perhaps inspired by it), but in recent months the interweb has really sunk its teeth into the idea that Apple WILL be releasing an iTablet-like device at some point. While a profitable market for such a device still seems a bit unlikely, many analysts and Mac enthusiast websites now feel the iTablet is a near certainty. What is NOT a certainty, however, is what the device will be, look like, or cost.
In order to help clarify the iTablet rumors, we have compiled a list of solid iTablet specs below that we feel will help paint a pretty clear picture of what to expect.
– Will have a touchscreen that is between 3 and 11 inches wide
– Might look like the iPod touch, but bigger. Or not
– Will cost between $300- $1400
– Will either not have an optical drive or it will
– Might be some kind of eBook reader or giant remote for the Apple TV or something
– Will be able to play iPhone games, or not
– Will have built-in 3G service, or not
– Will ship between September 2009 and never
Excited? Us too. Seeing the specs laid out like this really cuts through all the rumors and really solidifies the iTablet in the mind… I can almost feel it in my hand! (By the way, it weighs between 8 ounces and 13 lbs).