List of DragonVale dragon incubation and Breeding Times

NOTE: If you’d like to see our full DragonVale Breeding Guide, click here.
So, every once in awhile you’ll set up two dragons to start breeding and get hit with a lengthy 20 or 24 hour breeding time, and you’ll want to know just what IS that dragon going to be when they’re done doing the nasty? Is it worth rushing it with gems? Well, here’s a quick list of the various breeding/incubation times for the various DragonVale dragons to help you out. Please note, these are the times for the STANDARD breeding caves, so if you have upgraded your Epic Breeding Island or Breeding Cave to speed up the breed times, multiply these times by 1.2 as those caves speed the breeding time up by 80%. (Although once you have an egg, these times WILL sync up with the incubation times if you cannot identify the egg you get). Some dragons share the same breeding times, so you’ll have to use your brain a bit and think about the elements you blended to know whether your 8-hour breed time is going to be a Blazing or a Ice dragon.

DragonVale dragon incubation and Breeding Times

5 hours: Brass, Chrome, Love, Reindeer, Seaweed, Storm, Wind
5.5 hours: Palladium
6 hours: Firework, Lichen, Mud, Quake, Rust, Ash, Pepper, Flash, Ruin
6.5 Hours: Sand
7 hours: Clover, Pollen, Lotus
7.5 Hours: Abyss
8 hours: Metal, Blazing, Fog, Ice, Iceberg, Sonic, Willow, Snow, Rain, Obsidian, Hail, Ember, Mistletoe, Acid
8.5 Hours: Thunder, Phantom
9 hours: Swamp, Bouquet, Meadow
9.5 hours: Salamander, Glare, Spark
10 hours: Bone, Evergreen, Lava, Mine, Sakura, Blizzard, Century, Glacier, Arbor
10.5: Miasma, Radiant
11 Hours: Shimmer
11.5 hours: Coral
11.9 Hours: Moonstruck
12 hours: Cold, Blue Fire, Butterfly, Frostfire, Moss, Malachite, Ironwood, Paper, Heat, Carnival
12 hours 25 minutes: Gift Dragon
18 hours: Quicksilver, Shadow
18.5 Hours: Ooze
19 Hours: Gamma
20 hours: Copper, Zombie
20 Hours 12 minutes: Apocalypse
21.5 Hours: Hypnotic
22 hours: Scoria (formerly SLAG dragon)
23.5 hours: Solstice
24 hours: Crystal, Forge, Equinox, Spring, Terradiem, Summer, Cotton, Autumn, Winter
26 Hours 24 min: Ouroboros
29 Hours 48 min: Liberty
28 hours: Amethyst
29.53 hours: Blue Moon
30 hours Pearl, Sapphire, Topaz, Diamond, Jet
30 hours 26 min: Jade, Amber
31 hours: Emerald, Ruby, Peridot, Sapphire, Opal, Turquoise, Garnet
32 Hours: Snowy Bronze Olympus, Snowy Silver Olympus, Snowy Gold Olympus , Lapis
33 Hours: Cyclops, Aquamarine
35 hours: Bronze Olympus, Silver Olympus, Gold Olympus
36 hours: Panlong, Victory, Sprout
46 Hours: Bronze
47 hours: Silver
47.5 Hours: Electrum
48 hours: Rainbow, Gold, Sun, Moon (sun and moon times can occasionally vary), Seasonal, Solar Eclipse, Lunar Eclipse
49 hours: Platinum
50 hours: Dream
60 Hours: Double Rainbow

Comments
300 Responses to “List of DragonVale dragon incubation and Breeding Times”
  1. Snow dragon says:

I bred shimmer and nectar and got 42 hours, but that isn’t on the list. Does anyone know what it is?

2. Leona says:

Hello! I bred Light @ level 12 and Leather @ level 13, got a dragon with incubation/hatch time of 54 hours. The egg is a lovely deep blue with a turquoise aurora-type swirl through it. Not hatched yet. Any ideas what it is?
    Also, have had nice dragons from this combo so I stay on Re-try with the duo for more: Gamma, Rainbow, Glare, Spring (2), Flash and Glass, now this blue swirl one.
    Also, I’m using a Kindle but do not know how to add Friends to share gems, would be glad to, can you tell me how?
    Thank you so much for info.
    Leona

• Fluffy says:

The blue swirl dragon egg is DEFINITELY an aurora dragon which is a rainbow type.

I’m pretty sure that the only way to get friends is to be connected to Facebook on the game and whoever has dragonvale that is your friend on facebook will automatically appear if they have it and/or if they get it.

• Mattyice says:

Could be a galaxy. They always have a swirl

• GalaxyLlama says:

It couldn’t be a Galaxy dragon! Remember this list is old so if you do get one that’s not on the list, it’s a new dragon.

3. Leona says:

Found my 54-hour-incubation dragon – it is Aurora, a new one, beautiful!!

4. Brittany says:

Dose anyone known how to breed ragnaroc dragon

5. Brittany says:

Dose anyone known how to breed ragnaroc dragon and how long it incubates for

6. Lynn says:

I put 2 snowflake dragons into the Berry White breeding cave, about 3 hrs ago, just looked at the incubation time and still got 1 day, 23 hrs and 30 mins to go. Any one got any idea what this might be? I am thinking, not a snowflake :(

7. FluffyLeopard says:

I bred a carnival dragon and a hail dragon and it,s taking 22 hours does anyone know what it is

8. Carson says:

I bred Iceberg and River and the breeding time is 23 hours. Anyone know what it could be? I would like to know if it’s like a gemstone or something like that so I can get started on its habitat (if it isn’t elemental) thanks!

9. Carson says:

I bred River and Iceberg and got a 23 hour breeding time, which isn’t on the list. Anyone know what it is? If it’s not elemental, I need to know so I can start building the habitat it needs! Thanks. ????

• Danielle says:

Hi to all those who bred a river with something and got a time of 23 hours – you got a Geode dragon! :) it’s an elemental so there’s no need to build a new habitat unless you’re all out of room :) have a nice day! :)

• Ella ???????? says:

I bred a double rainbow and an arcturian and got a 48 hours what Is it

10. Ahsan says:

LOL, SECOND TRY, I WAS TRYING TO GET A CELTIC DRAGON BUT GOT A DOUBLE RAINBOW LOL

11. Anna says:

ummm hi. i recently bred a river dragon a blazing dragon and got a time of 23 hours even. Does anyone know what this is? its not on the list.

12. User says:

I got 25 hours and 30 minutes with a leap year dragon and a rainbow dragon anyone know what it might be?

13. Fluffy says:

I bred thunder and sandstorm in the epic breeding island and it took like 10 seconds for the incubation times to appear which was 13 hours. Anyone know what I’m gonna get?

14. Grace says:

It turned out to be motley ????

15. Fluffy says:

I’m breeding monolith 1 and plant hoping for another monolith but I got 4 hours… Any ideas?

16. Karissa says:

I need gems. New to dragonvale game center ID is greywolf0315

17. Chelsea says:

Hey, I bred a level 8 Crystal with a level 8 lichen and so far I’ve got 1)a mountain dragon 2)a double rainbow dragon but this time it’s 8 hours any ideas on what it could be.???????? thanks

18. Wizard says:

I got a leap year dragon in 15 hours and in 2014. Is that weird?

19. Guy says:

I got 28.5 hours in the co-operative breeding island. Anyone know what it is?

20. Verity says:

i bred glare and nightshade and i got 48 hours? any ideas what that’ll be. thanks!

21. Pop Zili says:

I got 23 Hours, does anybody know what that is?

22. Ella ???????? says:

I bred double rainbow and acturian and got
    31 hour breeding time, I think it’s emerald

23. swearwords says:

I’m breeding a silver and a heat dragon – incubation time is 37.5 hours.
    Even adjusting the math for my cave I got 45 hours.
    Neither time is up there, so I’m wondering does anyone know what it is?

24. tabbycat8803 says:

I bred two Celtic dragons and got a breeding time of 48 hours. Help.

25. Zetzeka says:

Bred ash and quicksilver and got 1:01:30:00 any one know what it is?

26. Bob says:

i bred I level 10 lichen and a level 12 crystal and it’s taking 48 hours to breed. Does anyone know what it is?

27. Bob says:

I Find out what it is. It’s a Sun dragon

28. tabbycat8803 says:

I bred a Lichen and a Blazing dragon and got a Double Rainbow. I should be excited but I really need that cave so I’m not really excited :/

29. Durpyrainbow says:

I bred a twin lava dragon and a double rainbow dragon in the cooperative breeding cave and got a dragon that takes 40 hours anyone know what it is

30. Arasan says:

I breed a bizurian dragon lv7 with me friends lv4 polarian and got 29 hours what did I get?

31. Mjölnir says:

Anyone know how to breed a pearl and a seasonal with a regular breeding cave? I’m stuck…

32. Mjölnir says:

For the pearl snow and seaweed isn’t working both are at level 10

33. flanny says:

I bred level 11 seaweed and level 11 snow… 2 day wait for breeding… any ideas?

34. Ella ???????? says:

Who can offer a sorarian dragon for cooperative breeding, I really need one my game
    Center name is laserdeathfrog, thanks

35. Sk8ergirl28 says:

Hey, i just bred a polarian dragon with a fire dragon and it will take them 28 and a half hours for them to breed. which dragon do u think it is?
    please please please reply

36. Sk8ergirl28 says:

37. cat says:

i breed an acturian dragon with a metal dragon, now its taking more than a day to breed, can someone please tell me what dragon i might get?

38. ? says:

I bred a polarian with a fire in the co-op cave and got 32 hrs… Idk what it is can smone help???

39. Jarliamaire says:

Breeding acrtarian and polarizing… Got 45 hours. What is it????Anyone know?

• Mary says:

The only thing that I know of with a 45 hour breeding time is a sororian dragon but that shouldn’t work but tell me what u get

40. New2this says:

The polarian-fire co-op breeding combo has been good to me, got a snowy bronze, snowy silver, hypnotic and shimmer before I even got the light dragon, firework, and I’m currently breeding something that takes 14 hours. I don’t know what it is yet, but it’ll probably be good!

41. Sephiroth Gaming says:

I just bread my galaxy dragon and the egg has an incubation time of 1 day 4hours and 30 minutes, does anybody know what it is

42. nikki says:

I need a ragnarok with a Cyclops in the galaxy breeding cave and got 23 hours, does anybody know what that is ?!

43. GalaxyLlama says:

Does anyone know how you get a double rainbow? What is the easiest way? It’s the last thing I need to make my park look amazing!

44. Dominic Weston says:

I bread bronze olyimpus and snowy bronze any idea of what i will get (34 hours) breeding time ?

45. Kat says:

Hi! I bred a light dragon ( first type u get) with a wind dragon and now I’m wondering what it couldbe , and it takes 21 hours to incubate….. So can you reply soon what it might be??? And also I bred an antarian dragon with an antarian dragon ( lol,) and its taking 12 hours to incubate, so can u tell me about that 1 soon? THX

46. Odin says:

I bred a obsidian and a storm and it taked like 2 days any idea what it could be?s

47. Username says: