List of DragonVale dragon incubation and Breeding Times

NOTE: If you’d like to see our full DragonVale Breeding Guide, click here.
So, every once in awhile you’ll set up two dragons to start breeding and get hit with a lengthy 20 or 24 hour breeding time, and you’ll want to know just what IS that dragon going to be when they’re done doing the nasty? Is it worth rushing it with gems? Well, here’s a quick list of the various breeding/incubation times for the various DragonVale dragons to help you out. Please note, these are the times for the STANDARD breeding caves, so if you have upgraded your Epic Breeding Island or Breeding Cave to speed up the breed times, multiply these times by 1.2 as those caves speed the breeding time up by 80%. (Although once you have an egg, these times WILL sync up with the incubation times if you cannot identify the egg you get). Some dragons share the same breeding times, so you’ll have to use your brain a bit and think about the elements you blended to know whether your 8-hour breed time is going to be a Blazing or a Ice dragon.

DragonVale dragon incubation and Breeding Times

5 hours: Brass, Chrome, Love, Reindeer, Seaweed, Storm, Wind
5.5 hours: Palladium
6 hours: Firework, Lichen, Mud, Quake, Rust, Ash, Pepper, Flash, Ruin
6.5 Hours: Sand
7 hours: Clover, Pollen, Lotus
7.5 Hours: Abyss
8 hours: Metal, Blazing, Fog, Ice, Iceberg, Sonic, Willow, Snow, Rain, Obsidian, Hail, Ember, Mistletoe, Acid
8.5 Hours: Thunder, Phantom
9 hours: Swamp, Bouquet, Meadow
9.5 hours: Salamander, Glare, Spark
10 hours: Bone, Evergreen, Lava, Mine, Sakura, Blizzard, Century, Glacier, Arbor
10.5: Miasma, Radiant
11 Hours: Shimmer
11.5 hours: Coral
11.9 Hours: Moonstruck
12 hours: Cold, Blue Fire, Butterfly, Frostfire, Moss, Malachite, Ironwood, Paper, Heat, Carnival
12 hours 25 minutes: Gift Dragon
18 hours: Quicksilver, Shadow
18.5 Hours: Ooze
19 Hours: Gamma
20 hours: Copper, Zombie
20 Hours 12 minutes: Apocalypse
21.5 Hours: Hypnotic
22 hours: Scoria (formerly SLAG dragon)
23.5 hours: Solstice
24 hours: Crystal, Forge, Equinox, Spring, Terradiem, Summer, Cotton, Autumn, Winter
26 Hours 24 min: Ouroboros
29 Hours 48 min: Liberty
28 hours: Amethyst
29.53 hours: Blue Moon
30 hours Pearl, Sapphire, Topaz, Diamond, Jet
30 hours 26 min: Jade, Amber
31 hours: Emerald, Ruby, Peridot, Sapphire, Opal, Turquoise, Garnet
32 Hours: Snowy Bronze Olympus, Snowy Silver Olympus, Snowy Gold Olympus , Lapis
33 Hours: Cyclops, Aquamarine
35 hours: Bronze Olympus, Silver Olympus, Gold Olympus
36 hours: Panlong, Victory, Sprout
46 Hours: Bronze
47 hours: Silver
47.5 Hours: Electrum
48 hours: Rainbow, Gold, Sun, Moon (sun and moon times can occasionally vary), Seasonal, Solar Eclipse, Lunar Eclipse
49 hours: Platinum
50 hours: Dream
60 Hours: Double Rainbow

Comments
270 Responses to “List of DragonVale dragon incubation and Breeding Times”
  1. Snow dragon says:

I bred shimmer and nectar and got 42 hours, but that isn’t on the list. Does anyone know what it is?

2. Leona says:

Hello! I bred Light @ level 12 and Leather @ level 13, got a dragon with incubation/hatch time of 54 hours. The egg is a lovely deep blue with a turquoise aurora-type swirl through it. Not hatched yet. Any ideas what it is?
    Also, have had nice dragons from this combo so I stay on Re-try with the duo for more: Gamma, Rainbow, Glare, Spring (2), Flash and Glass, now this blue swirl one.
    Also, I’m using a Kindle but do not know how to add Friends to share gems, would be glad to, can you tell me how?
    Thank you so much for info.
    Leona

• Fluffy says:

The blue swirl dragon egg is DEFINITELY an aurora dragon which is a rainbow type.

I’m pretty sure that the only way to get friends is to be connected to Facebook on the game and whoever has dragonvale that is your friend on facebook will automatically appear if they have it and/or if they get it.

3. Leona says:

Found my 54-hour-incubation dragon – it is Aurora, a new one, beautiful!!

4. Brittany says:

Dose anyone known how to breed ragnaroc dragon

5. Brittany says:

Dose anyone known how to breed ragnaroc dragon and how long it incubates for

6. Lynn says:

I put 2 snowflake dragons into the Berry White breeding cave, about 3 hrs ago, just looked at the incubation time and still got 1 day, 23 hrs and 30 mins to go. Any one got any idea what this might be? I am thinking, not a snowflake :(

7. FluffyLeopard says:

I bred a carnival dragon and a hail dragon and it,s taking 22 hours does anyone know what it is

8. Carson says:

I bred Iceberg and River and the breeding time is 23 hours. Anyone know what it could be? I would like to know if it’s like a gemstone or something like that so I can get started on its habitat (if it isn’t elemental) thanks!

9. Carson says:

I bred River and Iceberg and got a 23 hour breeding time, which isn’t on the list. Anyone know what it is? If it’s not elemental, I need to know so I can start building the habitat it needs! Thanks. ????

• Danielle says:

Hi to all those who bred a river with something and got a time of 23 hours – you got a Geode dragon! :) it’s an elemental so there’s no need to build a new habitat unless you’re all out of room :) have a nice day! :)

• Ella ???????? says:

I bred a double rainbow and an arcturian and got a 48 hours what Is it

10. Ahsan says:

LOL, SECOND TRY, I WAS TRYING TO GET A CELTIC DRAGON BUT GOT A DOUBLE RAINBOW LOL

11. Anna says:

ummm hi. i recently bred a river dragon a blazing dragon and got a time of 23 hours even. Does anyone know what this is? its not on the list.

12. User says:

I got 25 hours and 30 minutes with a leap year dragon and a rainbow dragon anyone know what it might be?

13. Fluffy says:

I bred thunder and sandstorm in the epic breeding island and it took like 10 seconds for the incubation times to appear which was 13 hours. Anyone know what I’m gonna get?

14. Grace says:

It turned out to be motley ????

15. Fluffy says:

I’m breeding monolith 1 and plant hoping for another monolith but I got 4 hours… Any ideas?

16. Karissa says:

I need gems. New to dragonvale game center ID is greywolf0315

17. Chelsea says:

Hey, I bred a level 8 Crystal with a level 8 lichen and so far I’ve got 1)a mountain dragon 2)a double rainbow dragon but this time it’s 8 hours any ideas on what it could be.???????? thanks

18. Wizard says:

I got a leap year dragon in 15 hours and in 2014. Is that weird?

19. Guy says:

I got 28.5 hours in the co-operative breeding island. Anyone know what it is?

20. Verity says:

i bred glare and nightshade and i got 48 hours? any ideas what that’ll be. thanks!

21. Pop Zili says:

I got 23 Hours, does anybody know what that is?

22. Ella ???????? says:

I bred double rainbow and acturian and got
    31 hour breeding time, I think it’s emerald

23. swearwords says:

I’m breeding a silver and a heat dragon – incubation time is 37.5 hours.
    Even adjusting the math for my cave I got 45 hours.
    Neither time is up there, so I’m wondering does anyone know what it is?

24. tabbycat8803 says:

I bred two Celtic dragons and got a breeding time of 48 hours. Help.

25. Zetzeka says:

Bred ash and quicksilver and got 1:01:30:00 any one know what it is?