Suggestions for winning DragonVale Races

DragonVale Races
DragonVale’s new Dragon Races are a great way to earn extra cash, food, XP, and even gems, not to mention just a great time waster if you’re looking to avoid what you SHOULD be doing. But sometimes it can be difficult matching up the right dragon for the right race. So here’s a list of Dragon suggestions for various races that I have found to deliver 1st place results multiple times. Of course, you will still need a little luck with competitors and decent finger-tapping skills to hit the boosts, but I can only do so much.

Blast Furnace: Forge, Brass

Cherry Road: Sakura, Paper

Dramoria: Steel

Electric Skies: Sonic, Butterfly

Marshlands: Seaweed, Swamp

Rime or Reason: Snow

Shimmering Faultline: Any Gem Dragon (Pearl, Emerald, Ruby, etc.) Rainbow, Gold, Moon, Leap Year

Ulster Meadows: Tree, Moss, Clover

Year of the Dragon Race: Panlong Dragon, Rainbow

Comments
240 Responses to “Suggestions for winning DragonVale Races”
  1. Kat x says:

Any other suggestions for Blast Furnance as I have neither brass or forge

• Kornfreak3891 says:

I use a scoria dragon. Here’s my list of dragons I use 4 races –

Shimmering faultline- crystal dragon
      Marshlands- moss dragon
      Rime or reason- snow dragon
      Ulster meadows- tree dragon
      Year of the dragon- obsidian dragon
      Electric skies- sonic dragon
      Dramoria- mine dragon
      Blast furnace- scoria dragon
      Cherry road- lava dragon

There’s better dragons to use for some of the races but these do perfectly well for me. I hope I’ve helped .

• Jough Psmyth says:

Here are my lists:

Shimmering Faultine-Crystal
        Year or the dragon-obsidian
        Ulster meadows-forest/tree
        Electric skies-hail
        Dramoria- lichen
        Blast furnace-blazing/firefly/brass
        Marshlands-seaweed
        Rime or reason- snow

Every1 wins every time

• jotun says:

Enter 25286624 for free gems in redeem codes

• Carebear says:

You people all realize that if you use an epic dragon, like my Blue Moon dragon, then it’ll wokr? Try it.

2. Henggy says:

You can also use a crystal and… what’s that other dragon?for the shimmering faultline

• Joanna says:

Quake dragon also for shimmering faultline and for Dramoria can use mine.
      And on year of the dragon when I didn’t have a panlong dragon I used to use lava and win 1st place so that’s a pretty good suggestion.
      And on cherry road if you don’t have those (I don’t) you can you a lot of other dragons like- poison, flower, tree, moss, lava, and I wouldn’t recommend it but also obsidian. But with these you still might not win…

• lync says:

Quake

75227028

3. engk says:

Poison Dragon for Year of the Dragon Race all the way!.. GC: C007dudz

4. nanZander says:

Anyone else like me bummed about bf switching out the prize wheel for a chest with less valuable prizes? Especially the food prizes.

5. ethan says:

I use the obsiden dragon for year of the Dragon first place every time

6. Hale says:

For 50k coins, all first place got me was 925 food items. Rip off. Every victory since the treasure chest implementation has been basically less value than paying for the prize outright.

7. Chris says:

You can get gems so its not too bad in 2 days I had kairos and 2mil coins

8. Deadlox9 says:

I do year of the dragon with amber and win yay

9. Dragonia says:

Getting xp is like loosing :( fist its fun winning but then the fun turns with the bad 1. price…33.000 xp…BAD :(

Realy bad price got it like 4 times now as 1. price…now THAT sucks. Havent getting any gems but food DG and XP

BTW : :) crome gets me 1. price on blast furnist every time just to bad i want DG and gems but gets XP

10. stephan says:

What does one do with the XP you win in the races? I have no idea! Any suggestions?

• giggybiggy says:

CO is for leveling up, without CO, you would never go to higher levels and unlock things. SO is also earned after buying things, getting silver and gold medals in the colostrum, harvesting food, completing challenges, and getting dragons.

11. Dragonia says:

I just got the big blue wow he is so cool ! Im talking about Kairos…migth have got it before if i had done some reading on this web XD

I was lucky enorf to get the BlueMoon dragon with firefly and storm just 5 Hours before the deadline its is very good ind year of the dragon elektrik skyes and dramoria where i dont have the rigth dragon fore as it is right now.

Also litchen is good for the marsland. :)

If you a gonna race you should bould the Kairos thing the ekstra parts you get ind the race that you already have you kan trade to 150.000 DG or 5000 treats or 150.000 XP.

Best Regards

12. Stephan says:

I have never lost a “year of the dragon” race with the river dragon. Try it…

13. Dragonia says:

Hm my word correcter is spelling worse than mé ;) i ment chance the poisen dragon out with tree or flower when it starts loosing ón cherry Road use flower or lava gets it every time ;) Best raws to you all

14. Justkeepswimming19 says:

ADD ME ON GAME CENTER FOR GEM TRADES!!

MY GAME CENTER ID IS: justkeepswimming19

15. gumasat says:

The faster is Apocalyose. No one can win against Apocalypse.

16. Chris says:

Quake dragon for Shimmering Faultline works perfectly. It covers all elements so its quite speedy all race :)

17. DragonvaleHunter says:

Here’s what I use:

Ulster meadows: Moss
    Year of the Dragon: Scorch
    Rime or reason: Lichen
    Electric skies: Cactus
    Shimmering Faultline: Opal or Crystal
    Cherry road: Moss
    Blast Furnace:Forge
    Dramoria:Steel

18. tog says:

My list is:

Ulster meadows: paper, tree, moss, clover, or forest
    Year of the dragon: panlong, firework, and any other hybrid dragon including two of these elements: water, earth, fire, and air
    Rime or reason: snow or blizzard
    Electric skies: thunder, sonic, or butterfly
    Shimmering Faultline: crystal or quake
    Cherry road: paper, sakurai, or any dragon with two of these elements: earth, plant, and fire
    Blast furnace: forge or brass
    Dramoria: steel or bearded

Note: you can also use any epic dragon for any race!

19. firestar295 says:

I find that the gift dragon works well for ‘year of the dragon.’

20. yessenia says:

i use blizzard for rime or reason and win every single time. ive even won a few races against the snow dragon in rime or reason

21. UNCSilence says:

I didn’t have too many hybrid dragons available for Year of the Dragon, but I did manage to make a Salamander, and increase him to level 7. He won that race easily.