DragonVale: How to breed a Solar Eclipse Dragon

DragonVale Solar Eclipse Dragon

SOLAR ECLIPSE DRAGON: (Only breedable in the days surrounding a Solar Eclipse)
BUY-IT Price: 2,250 GEMS

HOW TO BREED:Blazing and Lava / Blazing and Bone / Blazing and Obsidian

DragonVale Solar Eclipse Dragon Egg

The 1st Egg is the DragonVale Solar Eclipse Dragon Egg

Comments
737 Responses to “DragonVale: How to breed a Solar Eclipse Dragon”
  1. Caryl says:

Wow. I got both a panlong and the solar eclipse with blazing and mud. Thanks to Mac and everyone reporting successes! Also would love just a couple -reliable- people to trade gems with. carylrocks

2. Jryounghorse says:

Got it second try with obsidian and blazing on breeding island

3. Shellbelle71 says:

Game Center ID Shellbelle71 only add me if you play daily and give out gems!

4. Shellbelle71 says:

Game Center ID Shellbelle71 only add me if you play daily and give out gems!

5. Big D Nate says:

1st try blazing earth Big D Nate add me

6. Casey says:

Looking for a few more people to give daily gems to with my dragonsai gem tree! Username: kc_mae gem for gem!

7. K1ID4NK says:

I was trying to breed a sandstorm but I got a eclipse dragon I’m still happy

8. Jelly says:

I got it first try using panlong and blazing technically third try but one try with that combo

9. Snaggaz says:

Snaggaz add me

10. Leon says:

Need gems here. Plays dragonvale at least once a day.
    Game Center name is OriginGiratina9

11. Balltap:3 says:

Add Balltap:3 on dragonvale gem4gem. Reliable. Will always send back :3

12. Isabella says:

OMG I THINK IM BREEDING ONE NOW!! 1st TRY (in breeding cave original was in ebi) BLAZING LAVA!!!!! THX MACENSTEIN!!! GC ID: katis awsom

13. Cornelius says:

Got one on my 4th try!!

14. Jobi-J.A.M. says:

I bred 2 Eclipse dragons with the combination of Blaze:Lava, 1 with the combination of Blaze:Obsidian & then while trying to breed a silver or gold Olympic dragon. I accidentally bred 2 more with the combination of Ash:Panlong!!! And now another possible one with Sonic:Lava!!! Who knew!!!
    Anyway good luck to Everyone!!! :) :D

15. Baomilee says:

First try with blazing and,obsidian!

16. iPopscile says:

I got it with blazing and obsidian! I think………

17. Mjsh says:

Is there a page so i can see how meany habbitats i gett with a level ? I am on level 25 do i get one or more habbitats a level?
    Is there a max of habbitats?
    And wich dragons are not to breed ? Only gem dragons ?

18. bushh13 says:

first try with a bloom and panlong dragon

19. Mcdlvr43 says:

I got it first time using blazing and scoria

20. Christer says:

Air & lava works to got one on my first try

• Boxer_Mom says:

Just tried ur air and lava and I have a 48 hr breed time on first try. Here’s hoping, lol… Thanks for ur combo hun!!!

21. Clarice says:

Blazing and mud worked for me, 4th try (:

22. Bob says:

Help! I can’t get an eclipse dragon. I’ve been trying many different combinations with no avail.
    I have tried: 1) Blazing and Bone 2x
    2) Blazing and Obsidian 3x
    3) Blazing and Lava 3x
    4) Blazing and Ground 1x

But they don’t work for me in my breeding cave.
    I only have 20 gems so I can’t buy the EBI.
    Please tell me other combinations that I can try.

• Bob says:

Please give me gems!
      GEM 4 GEM everyday.

You can post ur game id here:

• sevndedlysinz says:

Based upon how the Solar Eclipse dragon is bred, it is most likely comprised of Fire/Earth/Air.
      Possible breeding combos:
      Blazing with Mud or Panlong
      Firework with Mud or Panlong
      Obsidian with Panlong
      Bone with Panlong
      Air with Bone or Lava or Obsidian or Panlong
      Earth with Blazing or Firework or Panlong
      Fire with Sandstorm or Dodo or Panlong

I cannot prove or disprove any of these combinations. I procured them based upon the elements consistent in successful breedings of the Solar Eclipse dragon.
      I would recommend sticking with these three as all have worked for me. I got three from Blazing and Bone, three from Blazing and Obsidian, and one with Blazing and Lava. Good luck and happy breeding

• Bob says:

Thanks
        I will use these combinations.

• sevndedlysinz says:

by the way, my gamecenter id is: sevndedlysinz. I have a lot of friends so it may take me awhile to gem you, but I gem everybody on my friends list.

• Jobi-J.A.M. says:

I agree if the dude above. You do need a combination of Fire,Air & Earth in any combination as far as I can see.
          I got 2 with the combination Blaze:Lava, 1 with Blaze:Obsidian & 1 with Sonic:Lava.
          Also try Moon: Sun on the 13th if your in the USA or on 14th in Australia. Apparently you can breed them together during the Solar eclipse.
          Good luck :) :D

• Jobi-J.A.M. says:

Also I find if I breed the same combination over and over and over that its more likely you will get whatever dragon you are wanting to breed. I don’t know if anyone else agrees but if I chop and change breeding combo’s it seems that it takes much longer before I breed what I want.
            My ID is the same as my name on this site if anyone wants to add me to share gems.

• JOROYJO says:

Blazing obsidian got me two eclipse. Just try and try.

• Energy says:

Blazing and scoria worked twice in a row for me

• eaglerang3r says:

You might want to buy the Ubrel sculpture or make sure you have one before you try to breed the eclipse dragon. I had just bought one and was try for panlong with lava/mud and got an eclipse instead.

• Vj says:

Keep on trying but just use ONE combo…if you keep changing the combo ur odds decrease…like just keep doing blazing and obsidian again and again…and don’t worry usually a rare dragon takes like 15 tries. More even.

• Kal says:

Just keep trying.
      (Envisions scene from Finding Nemo: Dory says: “Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.”)

• Jeanett says:

Just keep trying! I bred blazing & bone about 20 times before I got one. Now I’m trying for a second one. I believe it’s completely random. There’s been one month where I bred the entire time & didn’t get the monthly dragon. Then the next month I bred a Topaz on the 1st try. I pick a combo & stick to it. Blazing & Lava in the EBI & Blazing & Bone in the regular breeding cave. Just keep trying & good luck.

23. Stefan says:

What I tried was a combo posted by someone else(obsidian and willow) only took 3 tries on the island(3 u including the one try in cave i did at same time) any combo with earth,fire and air should work. Get creative with it some combos work better for some better than others. Good luck

24. Mmybird says:

Blazing and obsidian finally worked for me after many many tries!
    Now if only I can get the darn topaz. That ones being difficult.
    Please add me gem for gem.
    Mmybird

25. 567890000 says:

Got solar eclipse by first try blazing lvl 10 bone lvl 10 on the upgraded breeding island. So happy!!!

26. Stefan says:

What I meant is 1 on island and 1 in cave at same time then 2nd try on island got 48hour time hopefully it’s eclipse not rainbow even tho cud use a 2nd rainbow..Obsidian/willow combo can result in 1 hour time if its not eclipse so can go faster i guess.

27. Jryounghorse says:

Breeding cave rain and lava

28. Youot says:

Got it with blazing left and bone right first try

29. Chris says:

I’ve tried countless amount of times on both the cave and island with obsidian and blazing, I have also tried a few times with lava, once with earth and mud and NO LUCK! I’m striking out on this eclipse dragon.

30. Pimp613 says:

Please add me I trade gems for gems daily

31. Jetx9000 says:

Hey people. I have a question, if someone can confirm this then YOU are amazing!
    Okay so my question is: Is it possible to breed 2 solar eclipse with each other? Because I might be getting another one so I would hatch that if its possible to breed soler eclipse dragons together.

Thanks!

32. Beden says:

Blazing and lava! :) ebi

33. Drag0K1ller02 says:

I got solar eclipse dragon by breeding:level 10 bone dragon and level 10 fog dragon.yes bone left and fog right.I did this in my first try and I got it. if u believe me send me a friend request in game center to Drag0K1ller02.

P.S the 0 is a zero and 1 is a one that’s all thanks

34. Ethan says:

I actually got it randomly well trying to get a rainbow dragon I breed lava and fog and got a 48 breeding times so I was exited for a rainbow but I got and solar eclipse !!!!!

35. Veilen says:

I got mine at my 30-59th try cactus level 15 & firefly level 10 I think Ash & Scorch could work.

36. MAR$ME!!O says:

I was trying to get a bronze dragon with blazing and crystal but instead I got a solar.

37. Katie Smith says:

I got mine everytimee with level 7 blazing on left and level 10 earth on right, tried with lava,bone, and obsidian, and nothing I got number 2 on the way with the blazing and earth combo and I got both on my 1st try’s, hope this works for other people, I just wish I could get the dam rainbow as easy!! Add me 0911mom
    I try gem for gem as much as I can but I can only give to so many people a day so I will try gem for gem if you don’t get one back just don’t send me anymore till I do send you one lol!!
    Again 0911mom

38. Katie Smith says:

Again 0911mom

39. wicked28 says:

Got my Eclipse Dragon using Air + Lava combo.
    I tried the combos suggested by Dr. Mac but to no avail.
    Then decided to use the suggestion of a friend Air + Lava.
    Hope this helps anyone…

40. Jobi-J.A.M. says:

Hey Macenstein just looking at your “random mac chick” How about a “random mac man” for us females?? :D

• sevndedlysinz says:

are you asking him to post pictures of guys on his website? really now.

• Well, you’re not the first to request this, Jobi. It’s harder than you might think to find a guy willing to do it.
      – The Doc

• Annie says:

Doc,
        Loving you!i am a female,straight, and would RATHER see a “mac chick ” than a guy…there are certainly NUMEROUS other sites for ‘that’ type of viewing. Afterall, its ur site?! I figure, dont like it ? Seek life elsewhere!
        But, I guess, people r entitled to their opinion…no matter of anything else!

41. hi says:

i got it on the 4 th try i tried blazing and lava lvl 10 and lvl 10 3 times then blazing and obisidan lvl 10 and lvl 9 on 4th and they are breeding for 48 hours
    yay im soooooo excited

42. Pyxigirl says:

Got one on the 10th try with blazing and obsidian. No luck with lava, or bone yet.

43. Pure boredom says:

You can get it by breeding equinox and juvenile moon dragons

44. Razor248 says:

Just got my second solar eclipse dragon with the blazing and lava combo, once on each breeding ground (island and cave). It seems to be a really efficient mix. Add me, I play daily and give gems to those that help me. ID name Razor248.

45. [tr1ck91] says:

add me for gem 4 gem 6 places available and I have gem tree, thanks [tr1ck91]

46. Kal says:

I FINALLY, after four days and about thirty tries, have gotten a forty-eight breed time. Due to my lack of gems, I’ll have to wait about just that long.
    Add me GC ID = K A L M A H

47. sapphiresong says:

I got it! I tried Blazing and Lava quite a few times and I finally decided to try Blazing and Obsidian and bam, it worked. 48 hours later and there’s an eclipse egg waiting to hatch.

48. Jeanett says:

FINALLY have one incubating!! Blazing & Bone worked after multiple tries!

49. TeslaCarter says:

I got my second Solar Eclipse dragon when breeding (on a lark, because I thought it was limited) it with my Blue Moon dragon. I got a blue moon first–but I read (and posted as well) under the blue moon page that it might be a glitch and I might have the egg poof. I doubt the Solar will poof because it’s available at the moment.
    I give gems for gems and keep a record of who gave me so I can make sure to get to them first when my Tree fills–that and the “friends list” order keeps on changing. Which I’m not sure if that’s normal or not….
    TeslaCarter would be me.