DragonVale: How to breed an Amethyst Dragon

Dragonvale Amethyst Dragon

AMETHYST DRAGON:

HOW TO BREED: Hail and Sonic

(Only Breedable in February)

Dragonvale Amethyst Dragon Egg

The 1st Egg is the Dragonvale Amethyst Dragon Egg

Comments
473 Responses to “DragonVale: How to breed an Amethyst Dragon”
  1. Cinder says:

Just got one on my first attempt! Last month I didn’t even get the garnet dragon after 30+ tries… O well!

• Luna yuki says:

Add me for gem :D
      ID: Luna Yuki
      I have fully decorated dragon village, but i dont upgrade my breeding cave because im lacking of gem T_T
      Please check it out and donate somegem :D

2. Simone says:

Hi :)
    I am now trying my second breed with hail and sonic… The breedingtime took 5 hours before, now it takes nearly 2 days.. And it’s still the breeding time! So am I close?

3. Sly says:

I also keep getting sonic hail and also a sun dragons. I’m thinking that either the time of day or even time it’s self increases the chances of luck at the time you breed your dragons to get the rarer dragons. So it maybe within the hours or the minutes during the day that give us the dragon we want.

If anyone wants to add me please do (Only just started playing a month ago but I’m still far in the game tho I think) ;)
    Xslyd0gX <–add me if you want

• T-Goose says:

I’ve read that between 7am-7pm you get sun and between 7pm-7am u get moon . That is using lightning and cold base dragons. So Hail (lightning n cold) and Sonic (lightning and air) will work (also the combo u need for Amethyst). Or u can use iceberg (cold and water) with firefly (lightning and fire) to get moon/sun cuz it has the right elements.

But I would assume you could get amethyst any time day or night using hail and sonic combo… But I’m still tryin so ill let u know what time of day/night it is when/if I hit it.

4. ??? says:

Maybe it’s easier to get because this month because there’s are fewer days in the month

5. Lynda says:

I so want to level up beyond 40!! And am in desperate need of some friends to play with. Please add me
    girlwithemptypockets

Thanks Lynda x

6. DragonvaleGuy says:

Hmmm…… That crappy moment when u realize u have no hail nor sonic dragon…. This is going to suck so much. Any other combos? Mac has helped me get so many dragons so far… Blue moon at like lvl 12 eclipse garnet… Gem4Gem whereDAwaldo

7. thatonekid says:

This was to me easier to get then the bone dragon. I got it on my first try without really caring because I knew it was going to fail like when I was trying for Garnet {I eventually got Garnet!!} but seriously so easy! I was so surprised when I got it and my bday is in feb. so I guess I wizards decided to give me a break. Just have to get love now.

8. Leah says:

does this dragon have a level requirement to be able to breed it??

9. g-love07 says:

got it in regular cave on sixth try with hail and sonic!!

looking for people to trade gems with (play daily) so add me on Game Center
    g-love07

10. Sam Marie 31 says:

Anyone have another combo besides hail and sonic? I have tried about 15 times between the island and upgraded breeding cave, and no luck. My birthday’s this month and I’m hoping for better luck than with the garnet…

• Deedal says:

There is only ever one combination for the gemstone dragons. It’s my Birthday month too, you just have to keep trying. Good luck!

• Travis says:

Going for my 25 attempt no joke I have both cave and island working round the clock and no luck

• Debbie says:

I hear ya on that..this hardest gem I ever tried..keep getting moons and suns

• HungarrToph24 says:

me too! 3 suns already!

• T-Goose says:

Me too. I have 2 moons and I think now I am incubating 2 suns. I have also gotten mad sonics, hails, snows and storms…. I got Garnet last month first try on Jan 27th.

I got panlong after 9 tries. But shoot, guys, Amethyst is a tough one. I have tried at least 15 times now. N the 2 day wait (4 including hatch time) is a killer when you keep gettin suns/moons.

But gotta keep tryin’. Cant stop wont stop get it get it, homies.

• Ayomide Lamuren says:

Are you kidding me?????????SO NOT FAIR!!! I’VE GOTTEN NONE!! :(((((((((
            I’ve been trying hail and sonic since for over ten times now and all i get is either sonic, hail, storm or snow.:( not even close to sun. be happy that you have those suns!

• Punky435 says:

Same here

11. Waylass says:

For the person who remarked on the SMOKE AND OBSIDIAN in the Mac’s pic… Please notice that he has ALREADY

BRED THE AMETHYST… HENCE THE EGG in the pic, and the other two are because he has moved on to the next

breeding.

12. Mikey77 says:

So far have got 2 and both bred in the morning. First one at 7am and second at 11.45am eastern time. Both dragons are level 10 on upgraded EBI. This is by far the easier gem dragons for me as usually I don’t get them until the third week!!!
    On attempt to breed the third and I got a 48 hour in the cave…hopefully it is the elusive sun dragon that I have been trying to get for a whole year!!!

13. Sasha says:

Please add me.. :)
    sashamusen

14. Sherri says:

I have no luck with this breeding stuff :( but add me I’m on dragonvale everyday jonny52 thanks x

15. kaylee says:

Bred hail and sonic have a 48 hour time is it a Sun Dragon?

16. Vamp231 says:

Hey dr macienstein what takes 72 hours

17. Country boy5321 says:

I can’t get it I keep getting sun dragons I’ve got 3so far

18. Anne says:

I just got a moon with this combo

Not what I wanted, but cool!

Also trade gems? annealana

19. cingeem says:

Just got 48hrs with these two! Happy Days :)

20. Josephrak says:

Got it first try :) so happy

21. Josephrak says:

Hey doc, what are the little floating spheres above some dragons heads like the smoke and obsidian dragons in the pic the both have them what are they?

22. Josephrak says:

I think I just figured something out. I think that the number of days in a month is the incubation time for that months dragon! Like February is amethyst and I 28 hours and there are 28 days in February or like December is turquoise and is 31 hours and there is 31 days in December!

23. SnowTiger7777 says:

And the currently unending tries for the elusive Amethyst dragon are ongoing … 12 Sonics, 4 Hails, 3 Snows … Hmmmm. Well, I think it’s like most months for the gem dragon — Example: Got 5 Topaz dragons on the last 3 days of November. I think I’ll just wait until later in the month. :)

24. Victoria says:

Help! Times all most and I can’t get it

25. Gust1781 says:

Got it first try :)

26. Weeds057 says:

Just got one- hail and sonic work.

Gem 4 gem first come first serve- gamecenter ID = weeds057

27. Hausfrau98 says:

Just got a dragonsai tree, need 5 more friends to exchange gem for gem. I play every day, level 33

28. richyrake says:

I just did blazing and seaweed both lvl 10 on the epic breeding island and got 48 he what is it?

29. sam says:

What is that pink building?

30. Julie Balooley says:

OMG…taking FOREVER! I’ve bred the Hail & Sonic more than 40x….and still nothing. Grrr….. Does the level of the dragons you are breeding contribute at all towards he outcome?

31. Carcarrocks says:

Hey guys can’t seem to get amytheist tried at least 10 times lev 10 hail and level 10 sonic????
    Anyway I’m new to dragonvale need me some gems add me on Game Center will do gem for gem don’t have any friends on this game yet

32. CariG says:

I got 48 hrs after 4th try. What could it be? I do t have sun or moon yet either, could it be it??

33. Hmx says:

Got it from second try
    Add me i have dragonsi tree
    -(hmx)-

34. Orion says:

Keep getting snow instead … But why ? ????

35. Butterflyyy23 says:

I’ve been trying since the 2nd of feb.. And with my schedule I can only get on dv At night…. But I tried on february 7th at 10:15 AM and got my gem dragon :-) i really hope this helps someone ooohhhh and I used hail ( left ) sonic ( right ) THIS COMBO WORKS TRUST THE DOC.

Wanna trade gems … My game enter account is butterflyyy23

I gift in rotation so if you don’t get one everyday I apologize but I will get to you

Happy breeding guys

36. Bobbi says:

I got my first easy enough. Been trying for a second and keep getting suns and moons.i have enough gem friends, but can always use the party hats to feed my hungry dragons! GC#Bobbiggg

37. FrakkinAbby says:

Add me, I need GC friends!!! FRAKKINABBY

Man I keep getting sun, hail and sonic dragons!!! So frustrating!!!!

38. Ivysam says:

Add me Please!!!! Need gems!!,
    Ivysamvm

39. Annie says:

DVGuy…..i have 2 parks ( iPod and droid )…have the dragons and upgraded all. I play around the clock on both.
    I STILL CANT GET AMYTHEST!!!!

Just sonics, hail, storm, snow, and 3 moons!!!

Frustration Nation!! My parks are lvl 40 and 26.

Working on alternate combos…will post if success.

Annie
    …and may the odds be ever in your favor!!

40. Luis says:

Just can’t get it! Add mee:) i need gems for the EPic Breeding Islandmaybe then ill hey it!!
    Please help:( Wicho-10 thanks:)

41. Dev says:

Just got 22.20hrs with this combo trying for gem dragon any ideas?

42. Dev says:

Just found breeding chart think this is it ! Didn’t think I was gona get it took over 200 gems and 20-30 try’s not an easy one for me.

43. Ayomide Lamuren says:

i really hate it when people say ” oh i only got 3 moons and 5 suns”… some of us can’t get it you know so be grateful that you CAN!!!

44. Lene says:

Hey plz add me, gem for gem :)

FussingNielsen

45. Zoe says:

Seriously not working… .-. Bred the Hail Level 10 Dragon (left) and Sonic Level 10 Dragon also, (right) , about maybe… 11 times now… And I keep getting an egg that has to take 8 hours for it to go to the hatchery… Any tips about time or date? I live in England, so I have different timezones.. .-.

46. Seth coble says:

I got 2 amethyst eggs I used fountain of youth on the hail and hail is always first!

47. Seth coble says:

No time or date requirements for Zoe

48. Seth coble says:

So happy today’s my b-day and its the sme day my amethyst dragon got in the nursery

49. anon says:

OK – I have an upgraded breading island. I just got 23 hours with hail-sonic. So do I FINALLY have the amethyst dragon? At least it can’t be another rainbow.

50. Jevy says:

Still working on mine. Need more friends…
    Please add me _Jevy_