Happy Birthday to us! Macenstein turns 8 and we’re giving YOU presents!

My goodness, where does the time go!? It seems like only yesterday we decided to stop wasting our time reading Mac sites and instead waste our time running one, and now here we are, celebrating our eight year anniversary. And like most 8-year olds we are not nearly as cute as we used to be – lots of missing teeth and adult teeth too big for our mouths mixed in with creepy small baby teeth…

MY GOD WE’RE HIDEOUS NOW!!!

Oh well, I know there’s one sure-fire way to hold onto your friends, and that’s paying them to stay! So we’re giving three lucky readers their choice of a $50 iTunes or Apple Store gift card! Yes, we wish we could pay you all, but we had to cap it somewhere, and really three friends makes going on rides easier.

To Enter: Speaking of rides, to enter simply leave us a cmoment telling us the scariest/most fun amusement ride you ever went on.

Unfortunately, we’ll have to once again keep this contest US-only. Three winners will be chosen randomly from all entries received before 11:59AM Eastern Time, Sunday, September 8th.

Comments
116 Responses to “Happy Birthday to us! Macenstein turns 8 and we’re giving YOU presents!”
  1. Bob says:

My favorite ride is definently medusa at six flags! It is soo fast and has eight loops!????

2. Dave says:

Happy birthday macenstein! I’ve been using this website for almost three years for gaming and it’s great to see that it is is still the best website for mac lovers, gamers, and gaming. The scariest ride I’ve ever been on is definently medusa at six flags. It goes soo fast and has eight loops!

3. Rick says:

Blue Streak at Cedar Point this summer. A smaller wooden roller coaster, but took 7 yr old grandson on it for first time. He barely made the cutoff of 48″. I was laughing at his reaction (white as a ghost), scared as he nearly slipped below the safety bar. He couldn’t wait to get off of the ride!

He was able to compose himself an hour later and went on Iron Dragon, a suspended coaster, which he enjoyed. Gotta get them started young!

4. Don says:

Happy Birthday Macenstein.

The magnum @ Cedar point. The first time I rode it, I had just won an Iron Maiden mirror from a weight guessing booth…and tucked it between my feet for the ride. After the first hill, the ride jerked upward into a tunnel…the mirror slipped loose. Momentum caused it to float up to about chest height, hover for a second, and crash back to the floor shattering all over. We spent the rest of the ride horrified that shards of glass might shred us. Pretty spooky.

5. Vivian says:

Happy Birthday Macenstein! I remember the first time I found this website. It seriously helped me at times of need such as which dragons to breed to get s specific dragon.

I have to say, the scariest ride would be the one in Six Flags. Sadly I forgot the name of it but it was one of the scariest moment I have ever experienced. The reason why is because a day before the trip to six flags, my dad had a friend who shared a story about a man who’s buckle went loose and he went flying into a forest which later found was dead right when he impacted the ground. While I was riding that particular ride, I almost fainted since I thought I was going to die. Never again have I ever went back on that ride or even the amusement park at all.

6. Gregg says:

A ride in the sixties locally called ” The Wild Mouse ” It was a small roller coaster for kids, about thirty feet high and about a hundred feet around. The single cars had wheels set to the very back,so that when you went around a curve, most of the car would swing off the edge of the track and you would feel like it was flying off the tracks. Scary for a kid! It may have been just a local ride , however it was around in our local amusement park for more than thirty years (Mesker Park)

7. mike okolo says:

my scariest experience was my first time on King Da Ka at six flags! i was about 10 at the time (8 years ago) and when they buckled me in it felt so loose! i was scared for my life and i thought i was going to fall off. I held on tight and shut my eyes for those few seconds and i had a blast!

8. Jordy says:

My scariest and most fun experience was the mamba at six flags . It is high speed up and downs. You get the feeling that you are flying. I was super scared after riding it but rode it the more times. It takes picture when you go down the last one and I have a very scared look on my face each time.

9. Destany says:

The scariest ride I have ever rode, by far, was Judge Roy Scream at Six Flags.

10. Kirsa says:

The first one I ever rode was a ferris wheel when I was about 6 years old. It broke and left my older sister and I sitting at the very top for what seemed like hours, and then we were the last ones off the ride once it was working again. I am very afraid of heights, and have never been able to get the courage to go on another ride…

11. Kasey says:

The scariest but most fun ride was a few years ago when I was scared to hell of roller coasters and hieghts but for some reason the roller coaster at circus circus in Las Vegas didn’t scare me even tho it had two loops and a giant corkscrew. It was fun but the cart my dad sister and I went in was so lose!! When we went on flips it dropped about two inches! Even tho that happened I still loved it. P.S HappyBirthday!!????????????????????????????????????????????????????

12. Skeeter Nummelin says:

the wild chipmunk at Lakeside in Denver!! it’s crazy awesome life in someone else’s hands fun with a few near fatal accidents – it’s amazing!!

13. Hayden says:

Black mamba worlds of fun first roller coaster and it was with my dad

14. Rain says:

My favourite ride is the teacup ride. Iol I was always afraid of going on an other rides. But the teacup ride was sooo epic. The way it moved you and you enjoyed the ride of seeing little children smile ( actually no, kids aren’t my thing :). You also get the epic sensation of getting dizzy then vomiting!!!!!! It’s great you should try it sometime

15. Raine says:

The most fun amusement ride I ever went on was the Windseeker at Cedar Point. It lifts you 300 feet into the air and you can see the beach, the lake, and the whole park. Very mellow and a great ride!