DragonVale: How to breed an Ovalith Dragon

Dragonvale Ovalith Dragon
OVALITH DRAGON:
INCUBATION TIME: 30 seconds
BUY-IT Price: ?? GEMS

HOW TO BREED: Gem Dragon – must be earned by redeeming Magic Eggs

If you would like to help support my rushing breedings & incubations to discover the latest dragon combos for you, please send me gems – GameCenter ID = “Dr Macenstein” & “MacensteiniPad”.

Dragonvale Ovalith Dragon Egg

The first egg is the Dragonvale Ovalith Dragon Egg

Comments
58 Responses to “DragonVale: How to breed an Ovalith Dragon”
  1. Bee says:

What is the meaning of redeeming ? I tried searching in the dictionary but couldn’t find it :D

2. City_O_ChampYINZ says:

How do u get magic eggs?

• buzz96 says:

Upgrade Dragonvale App, you will get a new island when launched.
      Everything will be explained then.
      It’s very similar to the Rift Magic play previouly.

3. Eckie says:

I don’t know how do you get them?

4. Tascha says:

Its an easter event, the egg hunt. You play like normally and as you play itll give you the easter eggs

5. Kim says:

Hi, I have slots for four more friends. I give gems every day.

Add me: kimota78

6. Rebecca says:

Why do you have an amber dragon egg sitting in your nursery 3 months after it was last available? We have guesses, but it is driving us crazy not knowing. :) Thanks for the post and pic of the Ovalith dragon though.

7. Butterhustle says:

Looking for friends for gem for gem, I have none and my dragon bonsai is going to waste :c add me :D gamer tag is Butterhustle

8. Bailey says:

How many magic eggs do you have to redeem?

9. versi-color says:

i finished the egg hunt and got the lost island.. add me, i’ll gift every day my game center name is versi-color

• Marissa says:

How did you get it so fast? After a while mine taps out, I tried the bush trick that I used in rift magic but it didn’t work. Help :(

10. charamath says:

Holy cow you got that dragon fast. I’ve been constantly plugging away at getting eggs and I only have the first two items.

11. Lbc says:

I need 6 new friends that are serious about trading gems everyday!! I will gift gems everyday!! Game Center ID:TheeLBC29

• Amanda tozer says:

If you are open I have two accounts with giving trees on Game Center I am St0rmagedd0n Dark Lord of all 1. Think I used zeros only in first part of name? Dr would fan what can I say. Other account is only random numbers but if you give to me I give back.

12. Adam says:

Ad me Jor44da and thx

13. Jered says:

Ok so if you get it by hunting for eggs then what number prize is it? I already got the first 2 (monument thingy and the pedestal) and I’m working on the habatat now.

14. Nimcakes says:

Hey everyone, I’m looking for 2 friends to share gems. I make sure I only have 6 Dragonvale friends, so everyone gets a gem every day. If you do the same, please send a request to nimcakes on GameCentre. Thanks!

15. Bippie says:

Have space for more friends to give gems to! Add me GameCentre ID: bippielamb

16. The eggs are obtained 3-4 different ways 1: collect dragon cash. 2: visit friends. 3: collect dragon food. 4: finish a match in the colloseum. Those are te four ways to obtain the eggs. (You need to update the app to the latest version.)

17. Shadow says:

I’ve gotten the 1st ovalith dragon and I’m halfway through the second one. The first dragon is the 4th prize for 800 eggs. I reccomend planting dragon snaps. Every 30 seconds you will get 2 eggs for each farm you have. Hope this helped.

• Rebecca says:

Shadow/Mac admin dude – Don’t they peak at a certain number per day though? Mine seem to do that… I get the ones from: the food (snaps yes), the friends’ party hats, the coliseum, and the habitat cash, but each day it just stops for quite awhile until the new egg release time… even though I am still collecting cash/food/etc throughout the whole day… I am only half way through the first dragon, and I don’t see how to increase the number/go faster if that is all of the eggs there are per day. Are your dragons fed up through a very high level? Just trying to think if there may be a reason for your acceleration, that I am missing on my end. (Mine are all level 11, some are 15s, but only a couple are higher) ? What about money per hour do you know about how much (770k ish here)? Or… How many friends’ do you visit? (8 here)… What level are you of game play? (32 here) Any differences you see?

As for friending others (a couple of people who posted above on my post) I am on/have my friends through facebook, not game center, so I can’t add you at this time… Also I have 6 in my gem circle, but if it is just for the friend cash/hats/possible eggs… I’d be willing to do more… I just can’t give any gems as they are promised, even if you send me one, I just can’t reciprocate right now. Sorry. If you want to post your fb link, I’ll send a friend request. If not (and I would understand being reticent about that)… I am sorry.

• Yina says:

Hey, I need some more friends, I am also logged in on facebook, add me : Yina Gao It’s okay if you don’t give me gems

• Rebecca says:

Hey Yina… I looked you up on FB and there are a bunch of “you”, sorry… Can you post the direct link so I know which one is the real you? :) thx

• bojolinda says:

I am working on the 2nd ovalith dragon (halfway through) and I only have 3 neighbors. It seems like you get so much for a food then quit getting magic eggs, so I will play the 30 second, 1 minute, and 5 minute food, then when I take a break I will start 2 or 6 hour food. It seems like when you use up your egg finding ability, it comes back hours later at least once, but I am not absolutely sure.

18. Blu says:

Is it possible to get all the awards without buying eggs? I’m pretty sure I collect everything available every 24h reset and I’m only just barely passed the half way mark for the first dragon egg.. Seems like the event will be over before I could ever hope to get the second one too.. Let alone the island.

19. Quinn says:

Looking for friends…. Add me: schlegelq1

20. Margaret says:

I’ve done the maths and there is no way that you will be able to get the island with paying for the eggs. You can only max 125 eggs each day which will be 18 days plus double this weekend so add 3 more days which adds up to 21. If you were lucky to find all the eggs and got gold each day from the collessium. That adds up to 2625. You need to collect 4000 in total to get everything so you have to buy eggs. I guess I’m not getting the island.

• Miel says:

Thanks for doing the math on it. I already know I will probably get the 2nd dragon, but not the island. It’s nice to know the actual math.

• NeedPrivacy says:

Hi Margaret,

You are absolutely correct in your math revealing that there is no way to get the island without shelling out REAL money. This has to be an all time low for Backflips studio to sink. Then again since Hasbro now owns Dragonvale I expect no less. At any rate , if they keep it up they will continue to lose longtime players. At least with the light and dark competition players could gain all the rewards with a LOT of game play and no real money out of pocket. Not so with this competition so most people could care less about it.

• Amanda tozer says:

With you guys on rigging play so you have to pay! Part of what I liked was all combos possible with patience and time. Now you can’t get stuff unless you spend on virtual crap. Helping kids to play and check parks while in school and realized no way to get them all but one dragon and habitat is most likely. Ah well

21. Logan says:

Doc you have so many gems…

22. NeedPrivacy says:

Thought I’d let everyone know that any gem dragon can be used in the new gem habitat. Meaning if you do not get the new gem “dragons” from this competition but you already have the new gem “habitat” earned from collecting eggs any gem dragon will work in that gem habitat. I share this because I have visited friends parks where I see their new gem habitat is empty because they are trying to collect enough eggs to get the new gem dragons to put in it. I had extra gem dragons in storage and tried them with the new gem habitat and it worked. this is how I figured this out.

Another thing to consider about this easter challenge is this… They have to offer these dragons and this gem habitat later on for new people just starting to play. Just remember how the light and dark challenge played out… People were freaking out over nothing in the end because all habitats and eggs could be bought with dragon cash later on and gems.

I cannot imagine that they would offer this new gem island only for this competition.

Either way save your REAL money because this is nothing but a FAKE virtual game that is offering No REAL tangible product that anyone can own as in REAL property. IE: when you buy a game on a disc you own REAL property that you can turn around and sell used for a profit. no such real property is owned in these apps. When you drop a load of real cash for a fake virtual item you’re basically paying them to play a game that you will never truly own. To add insult to injury you are paying these companies after they already make a truckload of money off of tracking you all your friends and then selling that information via their crappy nonexistent so-called “privacy” policy to the highest bidders.

23. Bane26 says:

Save up all yor gems after you get te first Ovalith dragon cause every 5 egg that is not turned over will be converted to 1 gem

24. Margaret says:

I’m glad that they are going to exchange eggs for gems. My island is half full so hopefully I will get about two hundred gems. If you don’t know, it’s five eggs to one gem.

25. Mrp1aynasty says:

Looking for new friends to help so add me game tag mrp1aynastY

26. Nimcakes says:

I had no idea it was about to end, and I spent a (admittedly really small) amount of money on eggs which I now won’t get back! I could see from the habitats of my friends that some people must have paid loads more than me. How horribly cynical on the part of Hasbro to trick people out if their money like that.

27. Calicogirl43 says:

During the bring ‘em back event, this dragon will probably come back, but you would be able to get it by breeding it, so someday it will probably have a breeding combo for those of you who missed it : )

28. Sistapril says:

So I cashed in enough gems to get the gem habitat, egg statue and one dragon egg. When the event ended I expected to find my unhatched ovalith dragon egg in my hatchery – but it was gone :(. Along with the cool island that I didn’t earn with eggs (or pay for). I was given a pile of gems for my un cashed in eggs and given the big statue … But where’s my dragon egg that was like 10% hatched?! Anyone know?

• Rebecca says:

That’s kinda weird in general. Ours took like 30 seconds to hatch, so… something was funky with it anyway if it was taking awhile/stuck at 10%. I suggest going to the app’s facebook page or Backflip Studios website, and have them follow up on it for you. I see the admins constantly helping people who lost items, or weren’t credited things. The only thing I can think of is that it was right on the cusp of the event ending, so the data got lost in the shuffle, but I’m sure they will help you out if you tell them the situation.

29. molly says:

Hi. I got the Ovalith! How do ya breed the blazing?

30. Kee Oth says:

Why is there a thing in breeding hints for Ovalith if it can’t be bred?

31. Kee Oth says:

Apparently, you can now breed Ovalith with Bloom and Panlong. :)