DragonVale: How to breed a Dream Dragon

Dragonvale Dream Dragon

Dragonvale Dream Dragon

HOW TO BREED: Glare and Nightshade / Mirage and Cotton / Meadow and Watch

(In theory any combo of light, dark, and 2 other elements)

Dragonvale Dream Dragon Egg

The 1st Egg is the Dragonvale Dream Dragon Egg

If you would like to help support my rushing breedings & incubations to discover the latest dragon combos for you, please send me gems – GameCenter ID = “Dr Macenstein” & “MacensteiniPad”.

168 Responses to “DragonVale: How to breed a Dream Dragon”
  1. Andyliu says:

After almost 15 tries, finally i got it using Watch and Hypnotic….Wow…

2. Pop Zili says:

What habitat does it go in?

3. Jeff allen says:

Is the dream dragon seasonal? Can i still get it now?

4. Please, Rockstars! says:

Could anyone help me out with your dream dragon in the cooperative cave? My ID is ****

5. Ben Vale says:

I got the nightmare dragon but I really want the dream dragon so I can breed the Elysium dragon

6. Veebeegee says:

After trying all the combinations suggested by Macenstein many, many, many times without any success, I finally decided to pair hybrid dragons that had opposing elements combined with the light and dark elements. And on my fourth try I successfully bred a Dream dragon using Nectar and Wraith dragons both lvl 18 in the EBS. I am soooo thrilled.

7. JLu1428 says:

Got dream w/ nectar and crypt 1st dry
    Btw I think the best way is using nectar and wraith

8. Cheryl G says:

Just got a 50 hour timer with Lvl 10 Sun and Lvl 10 friends rainbow in co-op cave. Dream Dragon, I hope????.

9. Mary says:

Yes! I’ve been trying super long for this and I finally got it after breeding my anatarian Galaxy dragon with my friends Bizurian dragon. I also got a sun dragon from this breeding pair. I’ve only bred them together twice so if you want random special dragons breed these together

10. Jonah says:

What if I have a Facebook account? Can you still send me gems? @Dr.Macenstein

11. Aleah says:

I think I just got this using my butterfly dragon and my friends Sakura dragon in the selective breeding island!! I’m still waiting on the breeding time, (50 hours) so I don’t know for sure but I think it’s the only dragon with that amount of wait time?
    Feeling hopeful!! c:

12. AMY says:

I’m beginning to think this dragon isn’t possible to get. I’ve tried over 300 times. This is going way past patience. Lol.

13. janiece says:

I can’t get this dragon no matter what combinations I try ):
    anyone have tips T_T

14. Will says:

Thank you Doc!!!!!! Your breeding guide has already helped me get several epic dragons. I have been working on a Dream Dragon for over a week with the glare and nightshade combo, and I just got a DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!!!!

15. janiece says:

OMG …….. After probably 200 tries I kid you not , I tried everyday for like 3 months now , and I kept checking and rematching everyday several times …. I got my dream dragon using my friends Dream dragon with my wraith dragon and got it 1st try….. like dear god that … was the hardest dragon ever.

16. Zoe says:

Finally! In the co op with my ourobus and someone’s dream first try!!!!!!!!

17. Moon says:

I got it right when I turned lv 26 with two galaxy dragons, which was weird

18. David says:

If anyone has a dream or daydream dragon that’s up for co-op breeding, please add me on GC, my ID is One Arm Dave. I want this dragon so bad!!!

19. Robin says:

40 tries still no dream dargen sik

20. Undine3 says:

What daytime setting do u use for the dream Dragon? Is it Dusk? Please help.

21. Lorenzo says:

I got it first try with Double Rainbow and Apocalypse Dragon

22. Kim says:

I bred a Mirage and Smoke! gotta wait 3 levels to hatch it tho! Best fluke ever!

23. Juuuuuga says:

I got it unexpectedly using shimmer and whisp in cooperative breeding.

24. lol says:

I’m level 25 and one of my friends at lvl 30 got one of these in the coop breeding as a twin so I got one too XD I can’t even hatch it yet… I feel like I’m cheating after seeing all these people having trouble breeding it. BTW my friend got it using muse and lunar eclipse o_0