Dragonvale: How to Breed a VIRIDIAN Dragon

*Because these new Rift dragons are going to take a long time for me to breed and hatch, I am just going to post the suggested guidelines for now for each, and update as I have success (but you guys are smart, you should be able to figure it out from this!) :)

BUY-IT Price: ??? gems

How to Breed: The breeding pair of dragons must contain a dodo dragon with a fire trait and a malachite dragon with a light trait.
This dragon can only be bred within the rift

Dragonvale Viridian

If you would like to help support my rushing breedings & incubations to discover the latest dragon combos for you, please send me gems – GameCenter ID = “Dr Macenstein” & “MacensteiniPad”.

9 Responses to “Dragonvale: How to Breed a VIRIDIAN Dragon”
  1. Kim says:

What does it mean for a dragon to have a trait and is not part of their breeding element?

2. Rosemarydanjou says:

All rift dragons have a trait, it’s what separates them from from the from the other dragons. Each hybrid rift dragon which Is a variant of the regular dragons can be be bred with each trait. Basically, it means that they were bred during a specific rift alignment. As you breed successive dragons of the same type in different alignments, they will share traits between themselves, and you only need to keep one. I bred an ember rift dragon during fire alignment and fed it to level 8. Then I bred two other ember rift dragons during light and dark alignments, hatched and immediately sold them. My initial ember rift dragon has three traits: fire, light and dark. I have no idea which dragons with which traits are going to be needed for all the new dragons which I am sure are going to be rolled out, so I am breeding as many traits as I can!

3. Kathy says:

Ok, I am totally confused on how to get these rift dragons. To get Viridian, I need a Malachite with a light trait. How do I get that? Do I create a malachite dragon with light trait by breeding a metal rift dragon and plant rift dragon in the rift? And to get a dodo dragon with a fire trait, I have to breed a fire rift dragon and an earth rift dragon in the rift? That will take forever! And I have to keep these dragons in the rift l, once I eventually get them, and breed them together to get the Viridian? That’s a very long and complicated process if I’ve got that right! Not loving he rift so far…

• seems like it.
      – The Doc

• Rosemarydanjou says:

Okay, to do the malachite with light, it looks like you have two options: 1. Breed metal/willow or metal/flower during light alignment or 2. Breed any combination or metal/plant/light (just those three!) and hope for the best. For the dodo with fire: 1. Earth and chrome in fire or 2. Breed earth/air/fire (and hope for the best). I’ve had random things pop up with random combinations, but I’ve had better luck when I looked up the regular combinations and bred during the alignment to match the trait I need/want.

• Rosemarydanjou says:

Oh, and I would advocate for keeping all rift dragons in the rift! I have been breeding like crazy specifically to build up the number of dragons collecting etherium, and I’ve been upgrading the habitats so that they can collect more. Most of my habitats will hold 4 dragons, but they stop collecting at 135 etherium, which doesn’t take long (3 hours for 3 level 15 dragons, 4 hours for 4 level 8 dragons), so I’m trying to collect every 2-3 hours. Good luck!

• Leenz says:

Yeah I’m not a fan of the rift either. Think this was their attempt to make the game more interesting but all they have acheived is making more complicated and frustrating. Really stupid idea, they need to scrap it.

4. Jordan says:

I uncovered a transfiguration tower that allows for switching a chosen dragon’s elemental trait. I haven’t used it yet but I have to assume that I can import a dragon over, switch it’s trait, then have it breed with another by doing the same to get the desired rift dragon. Maybe?

5. LLLTengokuHana says:

I managed to get a Viridian dragon by breeding an Ironwood –rift-triat metal– dragon with a Viridian dragon! That’s definitely unhelpful for those who have yet to earn the dragon, but if you’re trying to get a pedestal…