Dragonvale: How to Breed an Antumbra Dragon

*Because these new Rift dragons are going to take a long time for me to breed and hatch, I am just going to post the suggested guidelines for now for each, and update as I have success (but you guys are smart, you should be able to figure it out from this!) :)

ANTUMBRA DRAGON:
INCUBATION TIME: ?? Hours
BUY-IT Price: ??? gems

How to Breed: The breeding pair of dragons must contain the light, dark and rift elements, and the Rift must be aligned to the earth element.
This dragon can only be bred within the rift

dragonvale antumbra dragon

If you would like to help support my rushing breedings & incubations to discover the latest dragon combos for you, please send me gems – GameCenter ID = “Dr Macenstein” & “MacensteiniPad”.

*** NOTE: IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR DRAGONVALE FRIENDS TO SWAP GEMS WITH, PLEASE POST YOUR INFO ON OUR DRAGONVALE FRIEND REQUESTS POST, NOT ON THE INDIVIDUAL BREEDING POSTS. THANKS!!***

Comments
19 Responses to “Dragonvale: How to Breed an Antumbra Dragon”
  1. Nate says:

Is anybody else not very pleased with this new feature? And is it a new permanent feature? Or just an extension of the “Roar of the Rift” event? I like the fact we get new dragons and stuff. But now all of a sudden all my rift dragons take like 50x the treats to level up. And that’s really messed up to me… so far I am not liking this new feature and hoping that it temporary. Because the whole “etherium” earning and “miasma” clearing and breeding costing currency now is a bit much. I’m not liking this. But I guess it’s only been a day and I should give it a chance??

• Ceeroe says:

You’re not the only one! I’m not too fond of it but I’m trying to like it. It’s a bit confusing. And I think it’s here to stay.

• Zeiker says:

Agreed. This Rift stuff seems like BFS’s recognition that long-timers have stockpiled too many treats and wants us to use them… I haven’t embraced the update yet.

• Elaspir says:

Ditto! Thanks for posting this; it does feel better to know I’m not the only one.

• Tanya says:

Completely agree! I had stockpiled over 200 million treats (what do you expect when your dragons are mostly level 18) and over 14 billion in dragoncash before the event and now I’m down to under 1 billion dragoncash and under 30 million treats. And it costs and arm and a leg in treats to level them up. And wth should we have to pay to breed our dragons? They made it impossible to breed the new rift dragons and on top of that the cost to breed goes up every time you want to breed! And before, with every habitat bought, the price would go up by 50 rift gems, now it’s going up by 500, WTH?! And why should we really clear the rift clouds when it goes up so much after you only clear 1 cloud? The least they could do is make it so every ring of clouds surrounding the portal all costs the same to clear them. And really, 10,000 rift gems to change a dragons abilities at the transmogrification castle?

This is the worst update to the game since I’ve been here, except for the one that kept causing the game to crash. If they did this because they thought they’d get money from their customers for rift gems, they’ve got another thing coming. I will never give them another dime after their customer service was rude and screwed me over during the first event with the blazing gale dragon.

2. Dacevero says:

Same here

3. Dee says:

I don’t like it either. I don’t have enough treats for my main park, let alone the huge amount it takes to feed the rift dragons.
    I suppose you can breed them, then move them to the park to level up? I don’t know if it works as I haven’t tried it yet.
    I’m not buying the etherium to clear the miasma and pay for breeding. I think it’s permanent too but I hope they make some changes to make it easier for people to get the etherium without buying it.

• Siann says:

Even if you move them to your regular park they still cost an absurd amount of treats per level. It’s really frustrating. If I had known they would increase the treat costs so drastically for rift dragons I would have maxed the ones I already had out before the change.

• Tanya says:

Luckily I leveled up all of my rift dragons to level 18 before they changed the cost to level up, I doubt I’m going to be leveling them up past that until they lower the cost. But I’ve also noticed that when you try to look at the dragoncash earning rate in the hibernation cave, all it shows is the rift gem rate, so you have to keep taking your dragons out of the cave to see what their earning rate is. So annoying.

4. Hannah says:

I got one using Voltaic and Light when my rift alignment was earth. Thanks for unlocking the breeding hints!

5. Tracie says:

I tried taking a rife Dragon into the regular park. The treat costs stay the same. Also the “upgraded” regular dragons bred in rift also cost more treats. Not liking this aspect of the new gameplay. Like the dragons though.

6. Erika says:

Alpenglow and Dark while park aligned to Earth Rift worked for me

7. Erika says:

This map worked for me to uncover the Transformation Tower. Amaze balls… not a dragon hint but not sure where to post it.

8. Michelle says:

I’ve been using that map as well…saved a ton of that Etherium stuff using it!

9. Terje says:

I got one using Root lv.11 and Alpenglow lv.18 in Earth Alignment!